DON’T LOOK WHERE YOU DON’T WANT TO GO Are you familiar with the idea that we tend to attract more of what we focus on? Here’s a great story that perfectly illustrates this concept.
Homes Are Like Wedding Dresses
Searching for a new home can be one of the most exciting times of your life. It can also be very stressful, making it hard for many of us to pull the trigger. This is called “primitive brain” (I’m serious). How do you balance giving yourself “due diligence” in your home search but make a decision at the same time? There’s no magic number of homes you should look at, nor is there a secret formula for knowing which one is the right one to buy. With that said, I have put together a list of some signs that will help you know when you’ve found HOME….
1. You begin to feel possessive about it. You find yourself calling it “my house” in your conversations and defend its various flaws.
2. You dream about it. Really!
3. You think about where your furniture, Christmas tree and décor would look great.
4. You want to stop looking at other homes because nothing else seems appealing anymore.
5. You find yourself so excited about it that you send links and pictures of it to your friends.
6. It fits your basic needs and has most of your “wish list”.
In case you are curious, the National Association of Realtors says that the typical homebuyer views 10 homes before making a purchase. My very unscientific poll revealed that my facebook friends viewed an average of 12. Interesting! I think searching for a home is a lot like finding a wedding dress. Your gut is usually right and the first one you try on could very likely be “it”. Don’t let that scare you… embrace it!
I was a domestic paralegal for 8 years prior to Real Estate. Since I have been in Real Estate I have grown to love this business, even though it does have it's challenges; it is very exciting. There i....
Latest Blog Posts
5 Disasters That Always Leave New Homeowners CluelessLike what to do when a tree falls. Read Visit houselogic.com for more articles like this.