Closing Costs and Prepaid Items you should expect at the closing table you’ll probably pay a variety of expenses as part of your closing costs, when you sit at the table for
Tips For Buying Your First Home
LET’S GET STARTED!
1. Check the local listings with the search criteria you desire. (For example: 3 Bedroom 2 Bath in the Greenville between $190K-220K). You can customize a search to meet your needs. Use one of the following to search current listings so you can get comparable selling prices of homes in your area:
2. Work with a local Realtor. Developing a business relationship with your Realtor will prove to be very valuable in your home search. Your Realtor should help you through every step of your home purchase process, providing you with the newest listings available and working hard for YOU to find YOUR perfect home! Don’t have a Realtor? No need to worry! Please feel free to contact me, Valerie Ruppe Medkiff at email@example.com. You can also Follow me on Facebook! www.facebook.com/valerieruppemedkiff. Contact me at (864.275.1881) for all your Real Estate needs.
3. How much can you afford? This is an important process to saving you time with your search. Use the following mortgage calculator to determine what your monthly payment would be on the home you wish to purchase!
4. Get Pre-Approved! This will help speed up the process of finding your first home! If you are already pre-approved for a mortgage, then you and your Realtor can spend more time finding new listings and hot properties before they are gone! Preparation is key when searching for your new home! To get pre-approved, here are a few mortgage lender suggestions to get the process started:
i. Valerie Lee with Upstate Mortgage http://www.upstatemortgage.com/ 864.232.3830
ii. Carmen McKenzie with Sun West Mortgage Company http://www.sunwestdirect.com/ 864.346.1421
iii. Horizon Financial http://www.horizonfinancial.org/ 864.968.1236
5. So now you’ve calculated how much you can afford, you have found a selection of homes you’re interested in, and you’ve been pre-approved…..so what are you waiting on…...BUY YOUR FIRST HOME!
Valerie is a native to the upstate and knows the importance of family, friends and community. Knowing the area so well, she has a great understanding of the local real estate market. She not only wa....
Latest Blog Posts
29639 - Due west offers this gorgeously remodeled brick ranch situated on approximately .50 of an acre. This great home is located on college st which is the heart of due west with great proximity